25.7.11

Vacation


At last - vacation.

As someone who had spent 365 days working seven days a week,naturally I had planned everything and after some wishful thinking about possible destinations,I decided no more traveling is necessary at this point - first few weeks I will spend in the country side,alone with my collection of books,movies and music. And no more sea (or any kind of water) or people around me,just nature surrounding me.


Different people have their own views of what vacation should be like,some like to be active and run around,I need just silence,birds chirping and no one bugging me with conversation - I am perfectly capable of spending the whole day doing nothing,doodling with my computer,looking at the books I had collected through the years (many of them I have forgotten completely - "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" now I have in paperback AND hardback simply because I forgot I already have that one - still not read it!),re-watching old favorite movies,listening music and talking to a dog. Maybe because I have been traveling non stop,right now I am completely unmovable,sitting in the shade outside with a book is the furthest I would go,I don't even bother with walking anywhere,real couch potato. If I want to have a nap any time of the day,I will. Often I just sit outside and listen to the birds,I don't need anything more. In the night I sit outside and relax with a bright moon above me,lost in my thoughts and mostly thinking about nothing in particular,just being there,surrounded with nature and silence,I could spend the whole summer like this.

No comments: