26.7.11

Jeffrey Khaner (2005)


Another "Gramophone" recommendation and something I really liked long before finally I decided why not going for the whole album - "Gramophone" had selected a piece from this album as the-best-of-the-month issue in 2005, that little "Vivace" by Johannes Brahms always making me happy through the years of my traveling and eventually I said to myself why not simply looking out for the whole CD?


It turned out to be even better than I expected. The album actually brings many completely different moods,all from the works of Brahms, Robert and Clara Schumann.

What is the most interesting is that these works were not originally supposed to be for flute at all,for example Clara Schumann's pieces were composed for clarinet,but Khaner sings with his instrument like a dream and it works perfectly. It helps that we have wonderful piano of Charles Abramovic also included and it is surprise to notice after some listening that the whole album actually lies on the shoulders of only two musicians - they sound like a complete orchestra!

No comments: