23.7.12

Victoria & Albert Museum

Another recommendation - Victoria & Albert Museum in Kensington, now I actually know the area very well and had walked there for years when I was 25 but somehow never looked at this direction, oh well - and its a free entrance so there is no excuse for my ignorance. It is a very impressive building with a tons of galleries to see, immediately I focused only on one part - European Medieval & Renaissance art, because this interests me the most, other exhibitions (Asia,Raphael,contemporary exhibitions) next time,if I don't return to the same favorites.

Loved,loved,loved it! A lot of exquisite art from very early Europe (as we know it) trough religious and royal artifacts - writing box owned by Henry VIII, quite scary bust of his father Henry VII (made from his dead mask) a complete room with a floor & ceiling preserved from Tudor times, portrait of Mary Queen of Scots, Leonardo Da Vinci's little notebook (made by himself) and other beauties - however,what left the deepest impression on me was a little wooden figurine of Virgin Mary with a little child, not bigger than my palm and done with detailed perfection, in my opinion this was the most beautiful piece in the whole collection.

No comments: