23.7.12

Tate Britain Gallery


It's really strange that I actually lived in London but now discovering some of the famous museums & galleries for the first time. I guess my interests were quite different back than?
Or was it perhaps because places were always "there" (like British Museum where I passed by every single day on my way to work) so it wasn't really a urgent necessity to check them out as I always had time later. I remember Big 3 very well - National Gallery,National Portrait Gallery and British Museum but now re-visiting everything like a real tourist with (perhaps) better idea about the town than ordinary visitors.


Tate British was a very good recommendation from a friend - wouldn't come close to Tate Modern as I absolutely have no pleasure in most of the modern art - because it houses nice collection of historical,pre-Raphaelite art that I recognized and loved. It's not as huge as National Gallery but still have several galleries with most beautiful paintings and sculptures that were joy to see - I honestly giggled with happiness when I saw some of the pieces,like a schoolboy and was truly excited, left the Gallery floating. Sure,it was a lot of Victorian sentimentality but I liked it very much!

No comments: