18.7.12

French nostalgia: Rina Ketty


A nice if overlong collection of music by pre-WW2 french chanteuse remembered for beautiful "J' Attendrai" that actually sounds very beautiful after all these years and for me is one of the pretties french songs ever. Because I was grown with vinyl format where 30-45 minutes of music were norm, sometimes I find CD filled with more than 1 hour a little too much to sit trough but this has nothing to do with Rina Ketty, more my own preference how to enjoy music. 

As opposite to thunder-and-lighting passion of Edith Piaf, Rina Ketty was very tender, sophisticated ladylike voice, perfectly poised and chirping gently like Snowhite in Disney movie. Her crooning soprano was perfectly in fashion at the time and I understand why she was so loved and why eventually after WW2 her sound became old fashioned. 

No comments: