14.11.11

"Taken" TV Serial



Since now I am on prolonged vacation,I have time to check some of the movies and TV series I would normally miss as I am constantly sailing and have no idea what's going on in the world. One of these goodies-for-later is TV serial titled "Taken" produced by Steven Spielberg and it's about three generations of families connected with alien abductions.


Interestingly enough,my very god friend who is a big horror fan would not watch this as it "scares her" - she can watch slash movies with blood exploding from the screen but this really freaks her out? No matter,I said to myself, I will watch it alone than. And it turned into very interesting story where it's more about us humans and how we react on perceived danger than about aliens actually. Aliens are shown just very occasionally so far and the story focuses more on characters who are dealing with unknown. Some people are welcoming aliens,while others are against them and use the search for their own professional purposes,to advance in career.


Excellent role of officer who turns into bad guy is played by Joel Gretsch and he is married to a daughter of William Shatner! Hello, Captain Kirk!

Another actress I noticed here is Catherine Dent who plays lonely housewife completely smitten with alien who appears to her in human form. This alien is actually very nice to her because he somehow understands she is desperately lonely and a nice person who would never harm him. Catherine Dent is wonderful in her role and I really like her,she actually understand this guy is not a army deserter (as police search claims) but from "further away" and protects him as much as she can.


So far I have watched only half of the whole serial but I really enjoy it very much and can't wait to see the rest!



No comments: