1.5.13

Walking without socks in Koprivnica


When I'm on vacation friends always tease me because I would not hear about visiting seaside. I am sailing for 10 years now and the sea is around me all the time during six months I spend locked up inside a metal box, with air condition and electric light. So when I am finally free, to be again near the sea is absolutely not my priority - what I need is a quiet corner somewhere where is green and preferably sunny weather. Another question is why I often explore funny little corners instead of some exciting big metropolis - well,I do visit Amsterdam and London annually but I also love to relax in small towns like Koprivnica.

Koprivnica is a tiny, sleepy little town in the north of Croatia where I have some good friends and always visit them. Even locals don't understand why I don't go for something more adventurous instead of this funny little place where everybody knows everybody and life goes so slowly, well that is exactly why I like it. I take long walks, go for a swim and gym (but not too often, I hate gym), sleep, read and live in a lazy dream. I see it as a little Croatian version of Clochermerle where everybody knows exactly what his next door neighbour cooks today. When on a first sunny day I decided to walk around in a sandals, the whole town buzzed about it already. Strange man walking around with (gasp) NO SOCKS. I went to cinema twice (so far) and there were only five people in the audience. I keep Koprivnica in my heart very affectionately and this is one of those places where I refill my batteries. Later there is time enough to walk trough crowded streets around the world.

No comments: