12.6.08

Books:"World without end" by Ken Follett


"World without end" (2007)
by Ken Follett
I saw lots of people reading this book simultaneously so it made me curious.Finally when I got my hands on it,couldn't stop reading - althought half-way through I started thinking that maybe the title should be "Book without end".Follett cleverly uses four characters in medieval England and follows them through years of poverty,wars,plague,religious wars and so on.Its basically soap opera that just goes on and on but its quite irresistible.I found myself really caring about characters and did something I haven't done in years - peeked at the end of the book just to check would the character survive.It might make a great movie or TV serial one day althought I always reccomend reading books first.Not bad at all.

No comments: