12.6.08

"Cell" by Stephen King


"Cell" (2006) by Stephen King

Stephen King is the only author who always grabbs me from the very first page. Others I might enjoy in different ways, others might have particular style or way with storytelling, but King is unique in his way to manipulate reader with fears. Perhaps I read too many of his novels so far because I dont find them really exciting now, its more or less same old thing in a new clothes.

"Cell" toys with idea that cell-phones turn the world into madhouse and anybody who answered a phone call (which is basically everyone) turns into mindless animals. Several characters are roaming around in a search of sanctuary and here we have usual King's toying with brutality, ghost-like characters and psycho-fears.I read it in two days its really nothing spectacular.

No comments: