23.2.11

God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

I forgot to mention this book which turned out to be far better than I expected.

Bought it on the international airpot in Frankfurt or some similar place and I remember thinking "God will punish me and crash the plane down" but it didn't happen. Than it took few months before I actually put my hands on the book and the beginning was not particularly impressive because Dawkins concentrates too much on his favorite subject - science and how everything developed naturally in some kind of progress (one way or another,to describe this in nutshell) instead of silly stories of divine presence creating the world. But second part of the book somehow really caught up with me and I ended up really enjoying it,specially when Dawkins goes into describing that religion is completely pointless (people can be good even without fear of God,you know something is bad without anybody throwing rules at you) and could - and was already - be used in very dangerous,controlling way.


Sure,it goes against majority of people but I never consider myself "ordinary person from the street" and always have eyes & ears open for any new,interesting discussion so this was really a welcome book and refreshing air to hear there are other people around who share my opinion.

No comments: