28.4.20

Isolation continues


Isolation continues even though I have recovered a month ago and probably I am not contagious anymore - at this point I am isolated for the sheer fact that there is no work, nowhere to go and nobody around. So I live like Count Dracula alone in a deserted castle, but recently there was a nice surprise that lifted my spirits somehow - the toy company that created my never-forgotten Teddy Bear had finally replied to my inquiry and sent me a gift package with two of his brothers. Since the original model is not available anymore, they asked me which one I would like, I decided both and they were gift. I waited for this package since February so when it finally arrived I was giddy with happiness. 


With all this time on my hands, I decided there is nothing that I must do.
Initially, I surrounded myself with books and movies but eventually it dawned on me that I actually don't want to be under pressure that I have to do something. I am perfectly capable of enjoying my day without fulfilling a plan of task and "things to do". Initially I was busy with a work in the backyard and now came to the point where I did as much as I could. Than I started taking long walks. For some time I had a plan that "in the Spring" I will slowly go for walks and discover the city on foot - well, it is a beautiful Spring and really I have all the time in the world, so I decided I might as well do it now - I know the center very well but not so familiar with anything out of the center. So completely spontaneously (because that is the only way) I took a walk one day up this street, just to see where will lead me and ended up on top of the city, it ended up a wonderful walk and I was delighted with all the discoveries. 


Yesterday another walk, same street but this time in opposite direction - again, I went all the way somewhere I have never been before and enjoyed a quiet walk around the canals - must admit that without all the traffic and people, the city actually looks absolutely beautiful. There were some people around, but on a safe distance and nothing alarming. I took several nice photographs and truly enjoyed this, whenever weather permits I will do it again. 


No comments: