10.9.14

45 years



This year I turned 45 but not for the moment I have stopped to think about it.
I was too excited about my recent visit to Skara Brae & other journeys to get worried or depressed about age - in fact, I actually felt good about being 45 because finally there is a certain frame of mind where I don't follow the herd but do things that matter to me (read, write, listen music, visit museums, watch old & obscure movies) so 45 is just a number, as long as health keeps going on and body is still in some sort of shape. I used to fret and worry about weight, looks and such but now its truly just a matter of acceptance - luckily the mother nature has given me youthful face so nobody even guess my true age + in a way it makes me even a little bit proud. I am 45 and still decent looking, have curious and open mind, perhaps there is just a slight shift in consciousness about what really matters to me and what is just temporary - for one thing, material things are just material and it is the moments I treasure most of all. Experiences, laughter, joy and togetherness with people I like to be with. I have also recently walked across the port in Rotterdam to deliver a ship-cap to a blind man (the promise I made when he was a passenger) and it also made me feel good, that I take this things seriously. This matter. Age is just a number.

No comments: