16.4.15

Miniatur Wunderland, Hamburg


Now, this was really delightful and I can't understand why I have not seen this already before because its truly spectacular + in walking distance from my port. Perhaps I was slightly intimidated by this whole neighborhood (it is called Speicherstadt and it honestly feels completely cold, industrial and kind of Jack the Ripper district) but now I was better informed and even pulled some new colleagues with me.

"Miniatur Wunderland" is a collection of cutest little panoramas from all over the world, where miniature railroads bring passing little trains, cars, ships and there is even airport. There are literary thousands of little people figurines doing all sorts of things in different countries, you can spend hours here and giggle in sheer happiness, it is a true masterpiece exhibition and it is not complete yet, because they are still building more places (Italy is next). We started with admiring fictional little town Knuffingen than moved on to wonderfully detailed Switzerland, Austria, Central Germany, Hamburg, America and finally Scandinavia. People clicking with photo cameras everywhere, children excited, grown-ups excited, I was in Heaven. The girl who came with us was very bored but I guess everybody else who had ever played with car and train toys was thrilled to death, because this is the same but on much bigger scale. I particularly loved all the attention to detail, so many little towns, villages, street celebrations, even rock concert, football stadium, all sorts of things and naturally figurines of little people & animals everywhere. Little trains running all over the place, cars driving, at certain points lights would dim and than it would be night so we could see how it looks in the evening (magical again). I had truly beautiful day. Often I don't even think about all the places that I visit trough my work because I take it for granted, but occasionally I feel truly happy and blessed that I travel so much.

No comments: