29.9.11

Appendicitis


I arrived on my new job and after only two days ended up in a hospital with an operation of Appendicitis - how about new start?

Everybody says this is such a routine,absolutely not worth mentioning operation but not so in my case - for the start,I was alone in a foreign country (Ancona,Italy) with the ship long gone and my passport & luggage delivered straight to my hospital room,wondering what am I going to do next when they release me from here. Than of course pain was not so unworthy of mention since I was very much dazed with all kinds of medicine,both hands pierced with needles,that strange metal tree-thing standing next to me with liquid slowly sipping in my veins and absolutely unable to move or to go to WC by myself,lying there like a bug on its back.


And next to me some poor elderly man whose family was absolutely besotted with TV culinary programs (or people screaming on the screen) it has to be mentioned I very rarely if ever switch on TV and probably detest the whole medium,now I just had to live with this noise next to me.

From the moment I got a hold on phone and internet connection I start to feel better - at least I got some news from my job and was pacified that things were arranged + friends sympathized with me so that helped me. Now they released me from the hospital but I need to stay several days in a hotel until stitches need to come out,apparently it will be nasty big scar oh well never mind.

No comments: