2.2.21

"View from My Window" by David A. Heitmiller

This is a beautiful poem written by David A. Heitmiller, who passed away in July and its about the "View from my window" that became a world phenomenon and one thing that connected us all in the times of this horrible epidemics. It moved me very much and actually made me cry. 


Floating around in cyberspace,

take a photo from your place.

What you see through your window,

where in the world we want to know.

Post the picture for all to see

and then add some words to tell me

what is it like for you out there,

we want to know because we care.

Now I can see what you see

through your window shared with me.

Here I am and what I see,

our beautiful human family.

How are you coping with the news?

We see it all, some gorgeous views,

and narrow streets and blank walls,

birds and creatures big and small.

Some lost loved ones, very sad.

Couldn't say goodbye to mom or dad.

We share your loss and cry with you.

Reaching out, we sing the blues.

Less alone gazing out your window.

I’ve met a friend I do not know.

Thanks for showing me your special place,

Around the world we share some space.


David Heitmiller

April 2020

No comments: