22.6.12

Return to "True Blood" (3d.season)


Alone in the countryside and have time on my hands, how wonderful...
I have collected huge amount of movies, documentaries and TV serials - the idea was to watch them slowly while I'm working on a cruise ship but alas this was absolutely impossible because I ended up working brutally hard hours (very often from 8 a.m. until midnight and more) so actually I have returned on dry land with the same collection untouched. And now every evening I decide (in the spur of the moment) what to check out.I have old black & white classics, dramas, comedies, musicals, cartoons, Disney and TV serials. 

So I decided to continue watching TV serial "True Blood" that at certain point I found very entertaining and than stopped watching it because I was working so much.
To my biggest surprise I enjoy it as much as before (if not even more) - I am not watching third season and LOVING IT - can't believe what a fantastic script writers have cooked this time around, added werewolves and what not, really good - the best of all, at this point everybody have very good sense of humor and often they laugh at themselves - I still can't stand Sookie who basically just cries, screams and annoys everybody around and her Bill Compton is less and less interesting since he is always connected to this brainless bimbo but there are other old favorites (Tara, Lafayette, Sam shape-shifter, Hoyt and so on) and quite a few new ones like Vampire king of Louisiana (excellent Denis O'Hare) who is a man "baddie" this time around. Strange that in american productions negative characters are always shown as being "sophisticated" and listening to classical music - it's almost like a signpost saying "this guy is very strange and weird and be aware of him,he is outsider" - in this case Vampire king is also gay and witty and dangerous AND he loves classical music, my God I really started to wonder what is it that makes americans think that listening to classical music is defining sign of strangeness and being homicidal... In Europe is still perceived as a good thing and sign of certain education/taste/sophistication but in a New World apparently movie characters who love classical music are dangerous.

Perhaps my true favorite characters this time around are swedish vampire Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and his helper Pamela (Kristin Bauer van Straten), they were just supporting roles at first but slowly they became very interesting on their own and I can't wait to see what's going on with them. Ah yes, one of the main bad characters is actor named "Željko Ivanek" which is croatian name,I have to check out that one,very interesting that my own croatian plays here and I didn't even realized before.

No comments: