27.4.11

Goodbye Waka Waka Africa


Right now I am literary counting days until my ship sails away to Europe,it has been long 6 months of sailing in Africa.

It was my second year here - the first excitement was soon replaced with boredom,after all I don't really have chance to see anything interesting here,my ports are two cannibal islands and Durban (short morning there) so not much fun or thrill,basically it ends up with Durban as only place worth going out and even there the time is limited so its all about catching the cab,run and come back as soon as you can.

Last two times I actually decided not to run anymore and spent relaxed mornings in local restaurant,sitting there and chatting and watching people around me & ship far away,that was the best decision. When passengers ask me "How do you like South Africa?" I explain them that my perspective is very limited,of course I prefer Europe anytime because sailing there brings me to different country every day,sometimes I even wake up thinking "where I am?"


I love sailing through Europe more than anywhere else - since I been around,it looks like a particular atmosphere in Europe suits me the best. I don't care for heat wave in Caribbean or super long distances between city areas in US,sun in Australia was too dangerous for me and as for Canada/Alaska it was depressing after a while - really,in Europe I feel most at home,walking everywhere,having coffee here and there,nice shops,books and music,beautiful architecture... no wonder I can't wait to leave South Africa.

Cape town is pretty,really beautiful place but for the last 6 months I was stuck in Durban,that was my reality,so now it's time for a change of scenery and I can't wait.

No comments: