8.3.16

"Forbidden history" by J.Douglas Kenyon



This is something that seemed just right & fitting after Zecharia Stichin but instead of occupying me, it kind of slowed me down because instead of finishing it in a week (roughly a time I need to read the book, even when I'm very busy and having time to read before going to sleep) this one keep dragging on for three weeks and its surprising because the book is actually very interesting once you get into it but apparently I had some issues with concentration.

It is a collection of 42 essays previously published in magazine Atlantis rising by world foremost alternative thinkers and authors who support unusual theories & ideas about history, ancient civilisations, beginnings of human race, universe and such. Contrary to what I expected, it wasn't a cacophony of weirdos who talk about UFO abductions but clever, enjoyable and well-presented suggestions that what we take for granted as scientific proven facts most of the times are in fact simply deliberately false informations taught in schools for various reasons, mostly because people are either lazy to think, unwilling to accept alternative ideas or simply the humanity suffers from traumatic amnesia (suggested by Immanuel Velikovsky who studied psychoanalysis). Personally I don't think its too bad, because today people are actually far more curious and open to new suggestions than previously when religion held everything in a firm, strong claw and heretics were burned on a stake - with the books like this one and works by Stichin, Hancock and such, there is a healthy interest in not only New Age but also a curiosity about possible alternatives. As this book shows, everything from Darwin to Universe, planets, stars and our ancient history can be explained differently and I am first who would question everything and is always ready to find out about latest archaeological discoveries that clash with official story. It makes much more sense to me than anything suggested by religion and I have absolutely no doubts that religions grew up from astronomy. Personally I found the theories about great pyramids of Giza and stories that connect Atlantis with great Floods the most interesting - finished the book last night with my head buzzing from informations (did you know that not one single mummy was ever discovered in what was supposed to have been royal tombs in Giza pyramid?) and it was actually far better read than I expected. 

No comments: