12.3.14

Mozart According To Richard Goode



This was highly recommended by "Gramophone" magazine - at that time they still had free CD with "best of the month" selection and I really liked what I heard, in fact I liked it so much that I purchased the whole album later. The Bronx-born Richard Goode plays this music with such elegance, grace and joy that its quite intoxicating - Mozart can be cutesy sometimes, but Goode gives him occasional darkness and sonority that lifts music above its roots - and he can be funny too, with unexpected spark of humor and lightness.

This album travelled the world with me - without really planning, I had it with me on both sides of Atlantic, in Australia and South Africa, it has never failed to cheer me up or to to brighten up my day. In fact, it became such a good, cherished friend that it might be amongst my all-time favourite classical albums. The beauty of this music and its effect of the spirit is such that I can highly recommend it to everybody, its truly magical how the mood lightens up immediately with Richard Goode - I even went so far that I purchased his complete Beethoven piano sonatas, but that's another story.

No comments: