14.2.12

True Blood TV show


The pleasure of my "dry dock" of 2012. was to enjoy a room for myself only - as opposite to having to share this tiny place with somebody who smokes,farts,burps and leaves a mess everywhere - so I was alone, cleaned everything until every trace of my messy ex-roommate was erased and than relaxed with my books and music. As usual, my colleagues were wondering why i don't spend evenings drinking with them in a crew bar, but I am doing this way too long so can't even be bothered to explain that I've seen it all a million of times and I prefer to stay alone instead of spending time off with the people I work the whole day long.

First I was busy reading but at certain point I decided to explore my movies collection. I watched several very interesting documentaries and than somehow I started to look at all these TV shows collected - mostly because friends suggested something, I am in the middle of the sea so feeling like working out of space, have no idea what's new in the world.
A friend back home gave me his copy of "True blood" (first season) saying it's entertaining and different from usual TV shows - "if you don't like it, you can always erase it" he said very nonchalantly. So I gave it a try and could not stop watching it - got really hooked on it and even turned my friends on it, my colleagues also started watching it without a pause. I really enjoyed this first season very much and was sad when everything finished - this evening I have mentioned this to someone and the guy immediately gave me several more seasons, so I'm actually very thrilled now, guess what I am going to do tonight!

Just for those who have no idea what "True blood" is - the story is placed in a little fictional town around Louisiana where a group of local people are shocked with recent murders and the first vampire is moving in the town. This two things are not really connected but people of course talk - a lot - and if they don't talk loud, a telepathic waitress Sookie can hear them anyway, since she can hear what people are thinking. There are lot of major and minor characters involved in a story and the best thing about "True blood" is that it cleverly balances scary and comical episodes - just as something becomes serious, in the very next moment we laugh. At the end of the season one,I really liked some of the main characters and couldn't believe that season could end with such a cliffhanger - luckily now we watch this trough boxed DVD sets,otherwise I think in a good old days of "real" following I would drop everything and stop breathing just to enjoy next episode.

No comments: